Wow. Just wow.. This is one of those books which makes you leave the world behind and act like a page turning addict, hungry to know what's next. I fell in love with the story and the authoress, Gillian Flynn, and just had to start reading her other two books immediately.
Nick's murderous thoughts, his affair and Amy's diary wrongly leads you to believe that he is responsible for Amy's disappearance, but any reader of crime fiction knows that the culprit is never the supposed "bad guy" with the mass of evidence piled against him. So when reading I was sure that Nick had nothing to do with it, but when the tables turned at the start of part two and Amy's alter ego is revealed.. . Whoa!
This book can not leave you without any booktions. Here's my list:
- The book's cliffhanger ending has left everybody asking "What happens to Nick and Amy? Who kills who?!" Amy goes unpunished and Nick happily stays on to parent a child with his psycho wife. Personally I loved the ending; It describes their relationship perfectly. However it still doesn't give us a definitive "ending" to the story.
- Nick's father. Why did Amy pull that trick on him? I don't understand how Nick's escapee father from his nursing home plays a part in Amy's elaborate plan.
- If amazing Amy was able to think of every little detail in all her schemes, how come she wasn't wise enough to have a back-up plan when she was robbed?
- What are the visions Nick sees of Amy crying out to him in pain with blood in her hair, scrapping herself across the kitchen floor?
- Desi? That was so unfair what happens to him and his mother.
- If Amy's anger at everyone is stemmed from her hatred towards her parents, why are they the only ones going back to their normal life without any repercussions?
Follow by email using the gadget in the right sidebar to read new content directly in your inbox. Thanks for reading!